I'd like to work with you to maximize the potential of your website.
Whether you need assistance boosting the performace of your site or
creating a new site from the ground up, you'll be getting a web developer
with proven technical and communication skills.
Websites of Note
WordPress, ASP.Net, Photoshop, Fireworks, PCs, Macs, C#, VB.NET, LINQ, AJAX, XHTML, SQL,
Windows, Mac OSX, UNIX, PayPal, Authorize.net, Axia Payments.
- Community MX. I've contributed over 100 articles and tutorials on ASP.NET, SQL, Dreamweaver, and business development.
- MX Developer's Journal. My article, The Tag That Takes the Drag Out of Coding, appeared in the February 2004 issue of the magazine. The article details the use of Macromedia's DataSet custom tag.
- Macromedia's Developer Center (devnet). I've written ASP.NET articles explaining how to implement Forms-based authentication with single or multiple roles defined and customizing the appearance and execution of the DataGrid tag.
- Administered and implemented access to the Internet and designed the library's web pages.
- Developed training courses for using the Internet and other computer facilities at the library.
- Modernized the hardware and software of the existing computer network.
- Performed the day-to-day administration of the hardware and software (including Novell networking issues).
- Translated highly technical information into understandable and usable descriptions and directions.
- Worked closely with scientists and developers.
- Participated in the formal software review process using Requirements and Design documents.
I have been fortunate to supplement my formal education and work experience with two sabbaticals that combined work and travel. The energy and creativity I bring to work assignments is a direct result of living and working with unique people in diverse environments. When I come back from such an adventure, I am completely energized and ready to plunge into work again.
April 1997 - September 1997
During the first half of this 6 months, my husband and I managed an eco-lodge in the jungles of Costa Rica. Learning the language and studying the culture and environment filled our leisure time. For the final half our our sabbatical, we canoed in Maine's North Woods, hiked and climbed in the Canadian Rockies, and happily visited with several relatives.
September 1993 - October 1994
This sabbatical was also international: a month in Nepal volunteering at the Institute for Biodiversity, followed by several months traveling throughout the United States, and ending with two jobs in Costa Rica. The first was teaching Advanced Placement calculus in a San Jose high school and the second was managing an eco-lodge near the Panamanian border.
B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI), 1984